Ground Turbulence

A (sometimes) daily journal of my life and the constant buzz of ground turbulence around me.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Historical Fiction Authors

I'm a complete nut for historical fiction. I keep a list of authors either I've read or would like to read. Our library has a wonderful system where I can look up stuff online and put it on hold. No trudging through the stacks with screaming, hitting, biting, clawing heathens. We save all that for the children's section.

Here's my list, if you're interested:
Sara Donati - my all time favorite, only one series out, but it's the best there is
Diana Gabaldon - extremely good story, but she's a bit verbose
Margaret Lawrence - really good series on early america
Elisabeth Chadwick - Always a good read
Judith Saxton - a bit drippy, but still not stupid, a good "mind pifle" read
Sharon Kay Penman - I have to be in the mood for her, but I like her all the same. It's very detailed historically
Dorothy Dunnett - I know I've read her stuff and enjoyed it, but can't recall any titles off hand

Other Authors I've heard of, but haven't read yet:
Cecelia Holland
Kathleen Givens
Susan Carroll
Loretta Chase
Judith Ivory
Laura Kinsale
Geraldine Brooks
Teresa Medeiros
Marsha Canham
Anya Seton (seems like I've read her)
Diana Haeger
Brenda Rickman Vantrease
Susanne Dunlap
Jane Guill
Posie Graeme-Evans
Dora Levy Mossanen
Jeanne Kalogridis
Sandra Worth
Lisa Kleypas
Pauline Holdstock
Sarah Dunant
Phillipa Stockley
Diana Norman

O.K. That's my 2 cents. I've typed this with a naked 4 year old on my lap, just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page